Sunday, June 5, 2011

GARDEN TOUR 2011-GALVESTON

I am not certain what this tree really is called. One neighbor calls it a Tulip Tree another calls it a Lily Tree. Anyway I now have one in my garden to replace my long loved Fiddle Leafed Fig Tree that I lost in the freeze this winter.
My tree is still young and hasn't bloomed yet. I saw this tree on the tour and took a few pics, so I will know what to expect from mine.


This house was actually one I walked by on the way to another garden. I loved the Charmingly southern porch and the mermaid you will see in the next picture

The Mermaid was craved from reclaimed trees that were lost during Hurricane Ike. This is by far my favorite of all the tree carvings.


I am always amazed at the different things people like and incorporate into there gardens.


This was a nice little archway and niche


A fish sculpture over a water garden


I always enjoy the little touches like the sun bonnet and shovel. The spirit of the gardener blooms in her plants

Very lovely mazed hedges and roses

A secluded dining area, how romantic!
******

I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. I am normally always prepared for every eventuality. Yesterday I brought the bag that was suppossed to contain my Camera and Water
only to find I had overlooked packing them. So the photos here are not up to par as I had to use my cell phone camera. There were more photos but somehow they didn't transfer over.


My mind has been a bit preoccupied and I am out of balance.

Hopefully some normalcy will return soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment