Thursday, December 1, 2011

THE HORSE WHO ATE CHRISTMAS




The other day my Mom and I were passing a street and I noticed old man Campbell. I pointed him out to my Mom and told her how he used to come visit me at my office. He told me that he used to keep horses for my Daddy and had an old saddle that was my Dads.




My Mom said that when she and my Dad first married , my Daddy had horses 2 sway backed old nags that he kept right there on the property on Broadway. She said that the first year Galveston went all out decorating Broadway for Christmas the horses got out and went down Broadway eating all the Christmas decorations.




The police knew right off who the horses belonged to rounded them up and brought them back. I am sure it was shortly after that the horses began living down island with Mr. Campbell

1 comment: