Sunday, November 13, 2011

HOLIDAY ICE CREAM'S- ICE CREAM PIE RECIPE









I was shopping and happened upon these Seasonal limited edition Ice Creams Pumpkin, Egg Nog and Candy Cane. Immediately my mind went retro and I started thinking about the Ice Cream Pies I used to make. I also had to throw a couple of containers of Seasonal French Vanilla Cool whip in the cart as well.

Ice Cream Pie Recipes


1 quart Ice Cream Softened

1 graham cracker, shortbread, or oreo pre made pie shell

1 Container Cool whip

optional: Hershey's chocolate syrup, magic shell, or chocolate shavings, maraschino cherries


Directions

1. I generally place softened ice cream in a mixing bowl and hot it with the mixer til its smooth

2. Spread Ice Cream into pie shell making a nice raised center

3. Put it in the freezer to chill about 30 mins

4. Take out and garnish

Garnish ideas

a. cover with whipped cream, sprinkle chocolate shavings and put a cherry in the center

b. Use Magic Shell and form a lattice pattern over cake and promptly put in freezer to set

3. drizzle Hershey's syrup and add dollops of whipped cream to each slice.


I will use Oreo crust with candy cane ice cream, graham cracker crust with pumpkin and with egg nog ice creams

No comments:

Post a Comment