Saturday, November 19, 2011

SUNFLOWER BAKERY AND CAFE REVIEW

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
512 14th St, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550


For years I have gone to and loved the Sunflower Bakery and Cafe.

I have followed them every time they changed locations.

I couldn't think of a place that had better menu items, quality food, and hands on ownership.I respected the owners for their dedication to the community.


My parents bought breads , desserts and cakes from them for all our holiday celebrations .


All that changed today.

I came home to the island to visit family and Christmas shop. My Mom suggested Sunflower and we were all excited to go. Parking is almost always a nightmare there but we lucked out and got a Spot right in front at noon, none the less.


When we walked in I noticed it wasn't jam packed like usual. Anyway the 3 of us were seated and given menus (2 lunch menus,3 breakfast menus), I told the waiter we all wanted lunch and could I please have another lunch menu since I didn't get one. He said they didn't have enough and I would have to share my Moms .


When I looked at hers I was surprised none of the delectable items I used to adore there were on the menu. Nothing on it was overly appealing , so instead of getting up and walking out . We ordered 3 Tomato Basil Soups and 3 BLTS.

I had to pick out a chunk of onion and a huge piece of hard stewed tomato from my soup. This piece of onion and tomato were not spoon size by any means, they were practically whole. Aside from that the soup was good.


The BLTS arrived my Dad bit into his, and immediately said man this bacon is rock hard they must have had it left over from breakfast or something. All our Bacon was hard and the fries extremely over cooked. We paid $41 for 3 cups (not bowls ) of soup and 3 BLTS.

We took the scraps for the dogs, for $41 at least someone should get to eat it.


Anyway we walked to a shop next door, and I asked the guy at the desk if the same folks owned the Sunflower, he said yes , I said well it was terrible and definitely not the same, about that time Lisa Blair owner of The Sunflower walks around the corner and begins to chastise me that we should have sent our food back and had them fix something else instead of talking bad about her restaurant. I began to tell her the things we didn't care for, but she arrogantly made the motion "like talk to the hand" and walked out on us. I would have never ever expected that reaction from her. Needless to say we were all offended in her handling of it. In the car on the way home we all decided that would be the last time we would ever go to sunflower.
********


**Send it back and have them fix something else


Who does not know that if you do that something really bad is going to happen to your food..

No comments:

Post a Comment