Thursday, May 31, 2012

CRAFTY CHICK-TOTE BAG MADE FROM FEED SACK

I was at the feed store and saw that someone crafty had made small tote bags from old feed sacks. I thought it was a neat idea. I asked for an old sack and they gave me this one with the cute chicken on it. The feed sack itself was huge probably a 30lb bag. Anyway I laid it out and centered the design.  I did a double rolled seam on the bottom and a rolled hem at the top, everything was double stitched. I used strips from the feed sack doubled and double stitched to make the straps. I am by no means a seamstress, so I was happy that my little project turned out so well.
With all the stories on banning plastic grocery bags and everyone having to start using reusable totes, I have started hoarding tote bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment