So I dug out a Bravetti 8qrt electric pressure cooker I bought on HSN.COM many years ago and has since lived unused in a cabinet.
Then came the task of finding pressure cooker recipes. Really there are not alot out there. My particular pressure cooker works in 3 ways a) as an electric pressure cooker, b) as a slow cooker/crockpot c) soup maker.
The blog where I have found the best recipes and instructions is:
My first recipe in the pressure cooker was
OXTAILS AND CHORIZO
- 3 lbs Oxtails
- 1/4 lb of cured Chorizo, chopped
- 1 can whole Tomatoes
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 4 medium Carrots, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp caldo de tomato granules
- 2 TB mandarin balsamic vinegar
- ** My additions
- Chopped Parsley or Chopped Green Onions
- Splash of Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
In addition to this recipe I made Baked potatoes in the pressure cooker and used up some left overs to make a Mexican spiced steak stew over rice.