Sunday, March 30, 2014

Estate Sale

I happened to see a lady I generally see in passing around town having an estate sale. I stopped in and found this great bag. It is in perfect condition and still has the original lock and key. What a great retro find. I also picked up a cheese dome made from the top of a gallon wine jug. I love it and it goes great with the boats motif. I also found several pieces of pressed depression era glass and cute art deco cordial glasses.



The lady Elaine who was having the sale is 93 years old. She has lived in that house since she was 21. Her granddaughter lives several hours away and is the only living family she has, so she is moving there to live with her.

Up til last summer I would see Elaine on her riding mower , mowing the acre her house sets on.

No comments:

Post a Comment