Sunday, September 25, 2011

KATHY'S LEMON GINGER TISANE/TEA

KATHY'S LEMON GINGER TISANE/TEA


JUICE OF 2 LEMONS

1 INCH OF GINGER(PEELED AND MINCED)

1 RED CHILI(SPILT UP THE MIDDLE AND SEEDED)

MAPLE SYRUP TO TASTE

OPTIONAL: LEMON ZEST , MINT LEAVES,ROSEMARY, OR A FEW SAGE LEAVES

APPROX 3 CUPS OF BOILING WATER

ALLOW TO STEEP 5 MINS or More

*****


Teapots come in all shapes and sizes so you will have to customize the recipe for your personal use and preference. This recipe is based on the master cleanse tea recipe I saw a few years ago. Anyway I can never leave a recipe alone and always change and add my own little touches.


My husband and I visted Montreal and I brought back quite a bit of Maple syrup from the Farmers Market there. This is a good recipe to showcase its flavor. I also have a garden with various herbs which I enjoy experimenting with. I don't have any knowledge of holistically what each herb may be good for I just know what flavors and scents I my palate likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment